Real Estate — January 9, 2013KEYreit Announces $20.0 Million Treasury Financing of Trust Units
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Jan. 9, 2013) -
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWS WIRE SERVICES OR DISSEMINATION IN THE U.S.
KEYreit (TSX:KRE.UN) ("KEYreit" or the "REIT") today announced that it has entered into an agreement with a syndicate of underwriters co-led by National Bank Financial Inc. and BMO Capital Markets to issue to the public, subject to regulatory approval, on a bought deal basis, 3,253,000 trust units of the REIT (the "Trust Units"). The Trust Units will be offered at a price of $6.15 per Trust Unit, for gross proceeds to KEYreit of approximately $20.0 million. As part of this offering the REIT's CEO, John Bitove and/or affiliated parties, have agreed to purchase 162,650 trust units for proceeds of approximately $1.0 million. KEYreit has also granted the underwriters an over-allotment option to purchase up to 487,950 additional Trust Units, representing 15% of the size of the treasury offering. The over allotment option may be exercised, in whole or in part, up to 30 days after the closing of the offering.
The net proceeds from the offering will be used to partially repay the REIT's IPO Mortgage Loan and to fund future property acquisitions.
KEYreit will, by January 15, 2013, file with the securities commissions and other similar regulatory authorities in each of the provinces of Canada (excluding Quebec), a preliminary short form prospectus relating to the issuance of the Trust Units. Closing of the offering is expected to take place on or about January 29, 2013.
This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful and is not an offering of securities for sale in the United States. The securities being offered have not been and will not be registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933 as amended and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or pursuant to applicable exemption from registration.
KEYreit (TSX:KRE.UN) is Canada's premier small-box retail property owner with 227 properties in nine provinces across Canada. KEYreit's properties are well located and geographically diverse across Canada with the majority of all properties containing long-term quadruple net leases.
To find out more about KEYreit (TSX:KRE.UN), visit our website at www.keyreit.com.
This document contains certain information that may constitute forward-looking information within the meaning of securities laws. In some cases, forward-looking information can be identified by the use of terms such as "may", "will", "should", "expect", "plan", "anticipate", "believe", "intend", "estimate", "predict", "potential", "continue" or other similar expressions concerning matters that are not historical facts. Forward looking information may relate to management's future outlook and anticipated events or results, including the completion of the contemplated offering of Trust Units and partial repayment of the IPO Mortgage Loan. Forward looking-information is subject to certain factors, including risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ materially from what is currently expected. Such factors include risks relating to KEYreit's reliance on key tenants, risks associated with investment in real property, competition, reliance on key personnel, financing and refinancing risks, distributions, environmental matters, tenant risks, risks related to current economic conditions and other risk factors more particularly described in KEYreit's Annual Information Form for the year ended December 31, 2011. You should not place undue importance on forward-looking information and should not rely upon this information as of any other date. Other than as required by applicable Canadian securities law, KEYreit does not undertake to update this information at any particular time. Additional information identifying risks and uncertainties is contained in KEYreit's filings with the Canadian securities regulators, available at www.sedar.com.
For investor information, please contact:
For media information, please contact:
Latest Industry Press Releases
Superior Plus Announces March 2014 Cash Dividend (2014-03-06)
Retrocom REIT Announces 2013 Results (2014-03-06)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 527 projects with a total value of $1,552,331,732 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$120,000,000 Oakville ON Tenders
$48,225,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Wins delivered on infrastructure front: Rizzardo
- Behind the Velodrome’s Veil
- Ontario’s prompt payment bill needs work but supported
- Southwest L-evation
- Post-bid clarifications make feds liable for bid repair
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Ritchie Bros. hold first Canadian auction of 2014
- Skilled labour needs changing in Saskatchewan
- Quebec’s construction momentum ebbs after 15 years of expansion
- VIDEO: Canadian Construction Association conference Panama preview
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Wood Design Awards
- Lone bidder prepares P3 proposal for Alberta schools
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project