Construction/Building — January 10, 2013Resort Attracts Toronto Real Estate Buyers Looking For a Lakefront Escape Close to the City
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Jan. 10, 2013) -
Editors Note: There is an image associated with this press release.
Friday Harbour, the innovative new waterfront resort development on the shores of Lake Simcoe, has generated overwhelming response since sales opened to the public a few short weeks ago.
The pioneering 600-acre development by Geranium Corporation and Re:Play Resorts Inc. is the largest new resort of its kind in North America and offers all the ingredients for year-round relaxation and recreation: a state-of-the-art 40-acre marina with up to 1000 boat slips, an 18-hole championship golf course, walking trails through a 200-acre protected Nature Preserve and a vibrant waterfront pedestrian village inspired by Europe's great harbour towns. This dynamic resort community also offers a variety of condominiums and townhomes all just an hour from downtown Toronto and conveniently accessible by GO Train.
After 10 years of planning and approvals, 2012 proved to be a new phase for Friday Harbour with over $40 million in sales occurring on opening weekend including several homes at prices over $1 million. Two home designs were completely sold out.
"The first phase of our launch was a success and Friday Harbour is off to a great start. It confirms that the market shares and embraces our vision," said Geranium Corporation president Earl Rumm. "Purchasers have responded to what we have to offer and we couldn't be more pleased."
"The response so far has exceeded expectations and initial sales have been record-setting for the Ontario resort industry," added Bill Green, chief operating officer of Re:Play Resorts. "While headlines talk to the potential softening of the downtown real estate market, Friday Harbour has proven that Torontonians' desire for a lakefront escape close to the city is much desired."
Friday Harbour is a new style of lakefront resort that combines the best aspects of cottage life with sophisticated style, comprehensive amenities and without the maintenance hassles.
Friday Harbour is designed as a four season's resort where homeowners will be able to indulge in a wide range of year-round pursuits including boating, fishing, kayaking, beach volleyball, cycling, golfing, cross-country skiing, snow-shoeing, ice-skating and much more. The Lake Club with its swimming pool, training centre and social scene for all ages will be a central gathering spot. In the village, residents and guests will be able to relax with a meal or refreshing beverage at one of the resort's restaurants, cafes or patios as well as shop in unique boutiques and enjoy events or concerts along the water's edge.
As the developer, Geranium Corporation and its team have taken an "environment first" approach to Friday Harbour. From water quality to wild life and fish habitat, Friday Harbour has been proactive in becoming a steward to this lakefront environment.
The community of Friday Harbour will be built by Geranium Homes, Ontario's 2012 Builder of the Year. First occupancies are scheduled for 2015.
In addition to Geranium Corporation and Geranium Homes, Friday Harbour's world-class team also includes international resort operators Re:Play Resorts, famed New Urbanism architects Duany Plater-Zyberk and Co., award-winning golf course designer Doug Carrick, global marina designers Applied Technologies & Management and acclaimed architect Peter Clewes to create Friday Harbour.
Friday Harbour's downtown Toronto Exhibit is located at 49 Wellington Street East, 2nd Floor. www.fridayharbour.com.
Quick Facts About Friday Harbour
- Friday Harbour, the largest lakefront resort under construction in North America, will include up to 1,600 residential units, 400 hotel rooms, a pedestrian village, a 40-acre marina with up to a 1,000 boat slips, an 18-hole championship golf course and a 200-acre environmentally conscious nature preserve
- Friday Harbour will set a new benchmark for sustainable resort development and has incorporated considerations such as wildlife habitat, endangered species protection, water quality and reduction of greenhouse gases into its planning
- Its world-class team includes leading New Urbanism planners Duany Plater-Zyberk, resort planners/designers/operators Re:Play Resorts Inc.; international marina consultants and designers Applied Technology & Management; award-winning golf course designer Doug Carrick; and architect Peter Clewes of architectsAlliance
- The full-service marina can handle any boat that can navigate the Trent Severn Waterway
- Friday Harbour will create approximately 1,000 permanent jobs and 1,486 jobs off-site upon completion
- Friday Harbour will create almost 8,000 person years in employment during the construction phase currently underway
- Resort will generate approximately $4.4 million annually in taxes for Innisfil, $2.4 million annually in taxes for Simcoe County
- $190 million will be spent annually by visitors and owners of the resort in the local and regional community
To view the image associated with this press release, please visit the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20130109-Harbour1.jpg.
Vicbar Marketing Limited
Latest Industry Press Releases
November 2013 Housing Starts in New Brunswick (2013-12-09)
November 2013 Housing Starts in Prince Edward Island (2013-12-09)
November 2013 Housing Starts in Halifax (2013-12-09)
November 2013 Housing Starts in St. John's (2013-12-09)
Superior Plus Announces December 2013 Cash Dividend (2013-12-05)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- Mandatory safety training kicks in next year
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin