Construction/Building — January 16, 2013GTA REALTORS® Release Mid-Month Resale Housing Figures
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Jan. 16, 2013) - Greater Toronto REALTORS® reported 1,469 sales through the TorontoMLS system during the first two weeks of January 2013. This result represented an increase of 2.4 per cent over the 1,435 transactions reported during the same period in 2012.
"The New Year started off on a positive note with residential sales slightly above last year's levels," said Toronto Real Estate Board (TREB) President Ann Hannah. "I am cautiously optimistic about this result. It will be important to watch sales trends closely as we move through the first quarter to see if some of the households who moved to the sidelines as a result of stricter lending guidelines are starting to renew their decision to purchase a home."
The average selling price during the first 14 days of 2013 was by up by four per cent on a year-over-year basis to $459,728.
"Continuing the trend from 2012, the low-rise segment of the market experienced the strongest price growth as competition between buyers remained quite strong," said Jason Mercer, TREB's Senior Manager of Market Analysis. "The average selling price is expected to grow in 2013, but at a slower pace as buyers benefit from more choice."
|Summary of TorontoMLS Sales and Average Price January 1 - 14|
|Sales||Average Price||New Listings||Sales||Average Price||New Listings|
|City of Toronto ("416")||531||$||464,228||1,634||531||$||462,693||1,571|
|Rest of GTA ("905")||938||$||457,181||2,604||904||$||430,308||2,361|
|TorontoMLS Sales & Average Price By Home Type|
|January 1 - 14, 2013|
|Yr./Yr. % Change||-2.0||%||6.9||%||4.8||%||2.5||%||5.7||%||4.3||%|
|Yr./Yr. % Change||16.7||%||10.7||%||12.2||%||12.9||%||10.6||%||11.5||%|
|Yr./Yr. % Change||14.0||%||-3.8||%||0.4||%||3.5||%||4.4||%||4.6||%|
|Yr./Yr. % Change||-4.2||%||-5.0||%||-4.4||%||-4.4||%||-0.2||%||-3.3||%|
|Greater Toronto REALTORS® are passionate about their work. They are governed by a strict Code of Ethics and share a state-of-the-art Multiple Listing Service. Over 35,000 TREB Members serve consumers in the Greater Toronto Area. The Toronto Real Estate Board is Canada's largest real estate board.|
Get the latest real estate news and Market Watch information including market watch summary video.
Senior Manager Public Affairs
Latest Industry Press Releases
Superior Plus Announces March 2014 Cash Dividend (2014-03-06)
Media Advisory: St. John's Housing Outlook Seminar (2014-02-28)
Stantec Adopts New Bylaws (2014-02-28)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 460 projects with a total value of $2,479,930,740 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$145,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$110,000,000 Toronto ON Tenders
$70,000,000 Ottawa ON Prebid
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- VIDEO: RCCAO Pre-Budget Roundtable on infrastructure
- Storied Burka Architects downsizes and transitions
- Learning Centre Construction
- Collaboration with industry important to workplace safety improvement: Witmer
- Robot-powered construction revolution
- Engineers design permanent flood protection for Calgary
- Inquest called into fatal Vecchio incident
- Infrastructure Ontario issues RFQ for Ontario Place construction
- Cisco picks Toronto for location of new innovation hub
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- PHOTO GALLERY: 2014 Wood Design Awards
- Wastewater treatment plant tops priority list
- Lone bidder prepares P3 proposal for Alberta schools
- Industry reacts as details emerge about job grant agreement
- Demand rising for Kitimat camps
- Open textbooks are key to skills training
- InPower BC awarded John Hart project contract
- Skills training investment in Manitoba
- Premier claims pact justifies need for $10 billion dam