Construction/Building — January 16, 2013GTA REALTORS® Release Mid-Month Resale Housing Figures
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Jan. 16, 2013) - Greater Toronto REALTORS® reported 1,469 sales through the TorontoMLS system during the first two weeks of January 2013. This result represented an increase of 2.4 per cent over the 1,435 transactions reported during the same period in 2012.
"The New Year started off on a positive note with residential sales slightly above last year's levels," said Toronto Real Estate Board (TREB) President Ann Hannah. "I am cautiously optimistic about this result. It will be important to watch sales trends closely as we move through the first quarter to see if some of the households who moved to the sidelines as a result of stricter lending guidelines are starting to renew their decision to purchase a home."
The average selling price during the first 14 days of 2013 was by up by four per cent on a year-over-year basis to $459,728.
"Continuing the trend from 2012, the low-rise segment of the market experienced the strongest price growth as competition between buyers remained quite strong," said Jason Mercer, TREB's Senior Manager of Market Analysis. "The average selling price is expected to grow in 2013, but at a slower pace as buyers benefit from more choice."
|Summary of TorontoMLS Sales and Average Price January 1 - 14|
|Sales||Average Price||New Listings||Sales||Average Price||New Listings|
|City of Toronto ("416")||531||$||464,228||1,634||531||$||462,693||1,571|
|Rest of GTA ("905")||938||$||457,181||2,604||904||$||430,308||2,361|
|TorontoMLS Sales & Average Price By Home Type|
|January 1 - 14, 2013|
|Yr./Yr. % Change||-2.0||%||6.9||%||4.8||%||2.5||%||5.7||%||4.3||%|
|Yr./Yr. % Change||16.7||%||10.7||%||12.2||%||12.9||%||10.6||%||11.5||%|
|Yr./Yr. % Change||14.0||%||-3.8||%||0.4||%||3.5||%||4.4||%||4.6||%|
|Yr./Yr. % Change||-4.2||%||-5.0||%||-4.4||%||-4.4||%||-0.2||%||-3.3||%|
|Greater Toronto REALTORS® are passionate about their work. They are governed by a strict Code of Ethics and share a state-of-the-art Multiple Listing Service. Over 35,000 TREB Members serve consumers in the Greater Toronto Area. The Toronto Real Estate Board is Canada's largest real estate board.|
Get the latest real estate news and Market Watch information including market watch summary video.
Senior Manager Public Affairs
Latest Industry Press Releases
Superior Plus Announces December 2013 Cash Dividend (2013-12-05)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- Mandatory safety training kicks in next year
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin