Real Estate — January 16, 2013Bouygues Energies and Services Begins Delivering Services At The New RCMP E Division Headquarters
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Jan. 16, 2012) - On December 23rd, 2012, Bouygues Energies and Services Canada (Bouygues E&S) started operations of the "E" Division (British Columbia) Headquarters of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, in Surrey British Columbia.
With a floor area of 76,000 M2, and with a project value of C$ 966 million, the project is the largest federal government project outside the National Capital Region. Delivered as a 25 year (plus 2 years of construction) Private Public Partnership with Public Works and Government Services Canada, this project has been able to harness world class best practices in the facility management of secured facilities thanks to Bouygues E&S' extensive experience in other high security police, military and controlled environment installations in North America, Europe, the Middle East and the United Kingdom.
The facility is designed to the LEED Gold standard, and operated in compliance with BOMA BEST Level 3 standards, incorporating leading edge energy saving technologies such as chilled beam in the place of traditional energy intensive heating/cooling systems. Bouygues E&S' operating scope includes technical services and maintenance, helpdesk, housekeeping, food services, grounds maintenance, parking management, lifecycle and minor works. In addition, Bouygues E&S provided the design review and advisory services during the construction phase to assure optimal operational efficiency and flexibility to meet the RCMP's present and future needs. Finally, Bouygues E&S provides all the investment company (SPV) management services, including the financial and general management of the project company dedicated to this facility, to assure long term alignment between facility services delivery and critical RCMP operations.
Anthony McCord, C.E.O. of Bouygues Energies and Services Canada, stated, "we are proud to deliver on our promise to the Government of Canada and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. This advanced security facility further adds to Bouygues Energies and Services's portfolio of large and complex facilities under management in Canada and abroad. We are particularly pleased with the strong partnership we have created with Public Works Government Services Canada and the RCMP which will allow us to deliver a best in class environment aligned to their needs over the long term."
Bouygues Energies and Services Canada (ETDE FM Canada until February 28th, 2013) is a 100% subsidiary of Bouygues Energies and Services S.A. one of the world's largest industrial services companies, and member of the publicly quoted Bouygues Group. Bouygues Energies and Services Canada is a leading facility management and energy services partner for facility owners and occupants, with a particular focus on large, complex installations requiring controlled environments, 100% uptime, high security or advanced risk management. With offices in Vancouver, British Columbia, and Toronto, Ontario, Bouygues Energies and Services Canada's span of expertise ranges from conception, design, finance, construction, and facility operations in critical infrastructure and healthcare environments.
ETDE FM Canada
604 699 5281
Latest Industry Press Releases
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces May Dividend (2013-05-17)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- Call for action after MOL says workers are responsible for their own safety
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 443 projects with a total value of $1,866,277,015 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$353,800,000 North York ON Prebid
$90,000,000 Niagara Falls ON Prebid
$68,000,000 Oakville ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Viana steps up to rebuild burnt down playground
- Random drug testing about site safety, says expert
- Trying to define the “lowest price”
- High job vacancy rates for small business
- Minto to assist in zero energy housing project
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project