Construction/Building — January 21, 2013Temple Hotels Inc. Announces $35 Million Offering of Series F Convertible Redeemable Unsecured Subordinated Debentures
WINNIPEG, MANITOBA--(Marketwire - Jan. 21, 2013) -
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWS WIRE SERVICES OR DISSEMINATION IN THE U.S.
Temple Hotels Inc. ("Temple")(TSX:TPH) today announced that it has reached an agreement with a syndicate of underwriters co-led by National Bank Financial Inc. and BMO Capital Markets, and including Raymond James Ltd., Laurentian Bank Securities Inc., Macquarie Capital Markets Canada Ltd., Desjardins Securities Inc., Dundee Securities Corp., and Mackie Research Capital Corp. (collectively, the "Underwriters") to issue $35 million of Series F convertible redeemable unsecured subordinated debentures (the "Debentures") on a bought deal basis (the "Offering"). Temple has also granted the Underwriters an over-allotment option exercisable at any time up to the date that is 30 days from the date of closing of the Offering to offer for sale up to an additional $5.25 million aggregate principal amount of Debentures on the same terms and conditions.
The Debentures have a maturity date of March 31, 2018. The Debentures have a coupon of 7.00% per annum and will pay interest semi-annually in arrears on March 31 and September 30 in each year commencing on September 30, 2013. Each $1,000 principal amount of Debenture is convertible into approximately 128.205 shares of Temple, at any time, at the option of the holder, representing a conversion price of $7.80 per share.
Temple will use the net proceeds from the Offering to fund additional acquisitions of income-producing hotel properties, to repay existing debt, for general corporate purposes, and for working capital.
The terms of the Offering will be described in a short form prospectus to be filed with Canadian securities regulators on or about February 1, 2013. The Offering is expected to close on or about February 12, 2013, and is subject to certain conditions including, but not limited to, the receipt of all regulatory approvals including the approval of the Toronto Stock Exchange ("TSX") and securities regulatory authorities. This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities in any jurisdiction. The Debentures will not be registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from registration requirements.
Temple is a real estate investment company listed on the TSX under the symbols TPH (shares), TPH.DB.B, TPH.DB.C, TPH.DB.D and TPH.DB.E (convertible debentures). The objective of Temple is to provide Shareholders with stable cash dividends from investment in a diversified portfolio of hotel properties and related assets. For further information on Temple, please visit our website at www.templehotels.ca.
This press release contains certain statements that could be considered as forward-looking information. The forward-looking information is subject to certain risks and uncertainties, which could result in actual results differing materially from the forward-looking statements.
Temple Hotels Inc.
Chief Executive Officer
(204) 452-5505 (FAX)
Temple Hotels Inc.
(204) 452-5505 (FAX)
Latest Industry Press Releases
Empire Industries Announces Stock Option Grants (2013-12-10)
November 2013 Housing Starts in St. John's (2013-12-09)
November 2013 Housing Starts in Halifax (2013-12-09)
November 2013 Housing Starts in Prince Edward Island (2013-12-09)
November 2013 Housing Starts in New Brunswick (2013-12-09)
Superior Plus Announces December 2013 Cash Dividend (2013-12-05)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- RCMP make another arrest in connection with its SNC-Lavalin probe
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Concrete awards recognize Ontario’s best
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 299 projects with a total value of $6,054,395,373 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$200,000,000 Halton Reg ON Prebid
$191,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$144,000,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Construct Canada 2013 CEO Power Breakfast
- LEED Platinum should be for top-tier projects: panel
- Lakeview HLPS Project
- Contractors need to carefully plan for projects, recommends lawyer panel
- Montreal rail junction realignment completed in tight window
- Toronto housing not cooling off, says BMO
- OCOT review panel objections still open until tomorrow
- Canadian hiring expected to remain stable: survey
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 16th, 2013
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex