Government of Canada/Public Works — January 22, 2013Minister Ambrose Hosts Economic Roundtable in Calgary With Women Business Leaders
CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Jan. 22, 2013) - The Honourable Rona Ambrose, Minister of Public Works and Government Services and Minister for Status of Women, today hosted an economic roundtable with a number of women business leaders in Calgary. This consultation was an opportunity to continue discussing some of the challenges they face, and what matters most to Canadians-jobs and the economy.
"Given the significant leadership role women play in Canadian businesses, I look forward to hearing how we can best support our business leaders and continue to maintain and improve our economic performance in the years ahead," said Minister Ambrose. "Our Government's priority continues to be creating jobs, growth and long-term prosperity for all Canadians and their families, while keeping taxes low."
Since July 2009, Canada has seen over 900,000 net new jobs created-the best job growth record in the entire G8-and Canadian entrepreneurs are the reason we are achieving these results. Forbes Magazine recently stated that Canada was the best place in the world to do business.
Roundtable participants were also briefed on Canada's Office of Small and Medium Enterprises (OSME), and its role in helping businesses navigate the federal procurement process. OSME works with small and medium enterprises who want to do business with the government to improve the federal procurement and contracting processes.
OSME has also developed various tools to assist small and medium enterprises in doing business with the federal government, such as a detailed how-to guide; the Canadian Innovation Commercialization Program, to help businesses bring their Canadian products to the marketplace; and the www.buyandsell.gc.ca website.
Ce texte est également disponible en français.
PWGSC news releases are also available on our Internet site at http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/medias-media/index-eng.html.
Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/PWGSC_TPSGC.
Office of the Honourable Rona Ambrose
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Latest Industry Press Releases
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces April Dividend (2014-04-17)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 376 projects with a total value of $1,488,736,331 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$79,500,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$43,000,000 Clarington ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job