Construction/Building — January 31, 2013NorRock Realty Finance Corporation Announces Change of Auditor
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Jan. 31, 2013) - NorRock Realty Finance Corporation ("NorRock" or the "Corporation") (TSX VENTURE:RF.H) announces that it has changed its auditor from Deloitte & Touche LLP (the "Predecessor Auditor") to Collins Barrow LLP (the "Successor Auditor" or "Collins Barrow") effective January 18, 2013.
At the request of NorRock, the Predecessor Auditor resigned as auditor of the Corporation effective January 18, 2013. The Board of Directors of the Corporation has appointed the Successor Auditor as the Corporation's auditor in place and stead of the Predecessor Auditor effective January 18, 2013.
There were no modified opinions in the Predecessor Auditor's reports in connection with the financial statements of the Corporation for the two most recent financial years for which an audit report was issued by the Predecessor Auditor and prior to the expiry of the Predecessor Auditor's term of office.
The Corporation confirms that there have been no reportable events as defined in National Instrument 51-102 and, in its opinion, there are no reportable events pending.
The Board of Directors of the Corporation has reviewed and approved the Reporting Package as defined in National Instrument 51-102.
The Corporation is a mutual fund corporation incorporated under the laws of the Province of Ontario. The Corporation was initially created to obtain exposure to the investment performance of an actively managed portfolio of secured loans and investments in the Canadian commercial real estate sector on a tax-efficient basis.
Certain statements included in this news release constitute forward-looking statements including statements identified by the words "plan", "will" and "intend", and similar expressions or the negative thereof. The forward-looking statements are not historical facts but reflect the Corporation's current expectations regarding future results or events. These forward-looking statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results or events to differ materially from current expectations. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking information. The Corporation undertakes no obligation to update publicly or otherwise revise any forward-looking statement or information except as required by law.
Latest Industry Press Releases
New Affordable Housing Open in Regina (2014-04-14)
Nouvelle maison d'hébergement d'urgence à Melfort (2014-04-11)
New Emergency Shelter in Melfort (2014-04-11)
Media Advisory: New Emergency Shelter in Melfort (2014-04-10)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 415 projects with a total value of $3,354,507,550 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$200,000,000 Milton ON Tenders
$55,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Lennox and Addington Co ON Negotiated
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- Covering up the Celsius
- Frontier Oilsands Mine joint review panel raises concerns among some First Nations
- The rise of biomaterials in construction
- Doors open on latest PPP Canada funding
- U.S. builders’ confidence rises but is limited by tight credit and shortages of labour and lots
- Keystone XL opponents carve message
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant