Construction/Building — January 31, 2013NorRock Realty Finance Corporation Announces Change of Auditor
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Jan. 31, 2013) - NorRock Realty Finance Corporation ("NorRock" or the "Corporation") (TSX VENTURE:RF.H) announces that it has changed its auditor from Deloitte & Touche LLP (the "Predecessor Auditor") to Collins Barrow LLP (the "Successor Auditor" or "Collins Barrow") effective January 18, 2013.
At the request of NorRock, the Predecessor Auditor resigned as auditor of the Corporation effective January 18, 2013. The Board of Directors of the Corporation has appointed the Successor Auditor as the Corporation's auditor in place and stead of the Predecessor Auditor effective January 18, 2013.
There were no modified opinions in the Predecessor Auditor's reports in connection with the financial statements of the Corporation for the two most recent financial years for which an audit report was issued by the Predecessor Auditor and prior to the expiry of the Predecessor Auditor's term of office.
The Corporation confirms that there have been no reportable events as defined in National Instrument 51-102 and, in its opinion, there are no reportable events pending.
The Board of Directors of the Corporation has reviewed and approved the Reporting Package as defined in National Instrument 51-102.
The Corporation is a mutual fund corporation incorporated under the laws of the Province of Ontario. The Corporation was initially created to obtain exposure to the investment performance of an actively managed portfolio of secured loans and investments in the Canadian commercial real estate sector on a tax-efficient basis.
Certain statements included in this news release constitute forward-looking statements including statements identified by the words "plan", "will" and "intend", and similar expressions or the negative thereof. The forward-looking statements are not historical facts but reflect the Corporation's current expectations regarding future results or events. These forward-looking statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results or events to differ materially from current expectations. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking information. The Corporation undertakes no obligation to update publicly or otherwise revise any forward-looking statement or information except as required by law.
Latest Industry Press Releases
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces May Dividend (2013-05-17)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 470 projects with a total value of $6,376,918,947 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$104,727,250 Toronto ON Tenders
$50,000,000 Markham ON Tenders
$25,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Future tradespeople put to the test
- Ontario raiding season closes with a thud
- Bird flags challenges in Canadian construction
- Ontario commits to Hwy. 427 expansion
- GO Transit to build new maintenance facility in East Gwillimbury
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during work by BC Hydro
- Federal NDP leader speaks to police 'to help' with Quebec corruption probe
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project