Real Estate — February 1, 2013Terra Firma Capital Corporation Appoints Mano Thiyagarajah as CFO and Corporate Secretary
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Feb. 1, 2013) - Mr. Y. Dov Meyer, CEO and President of Terra Firma Capital Corporation (TSX VENTURE:TII), a real estate finance company, is pleased to announce the appointment of Mano Thiyagarajah, MBA, CGA, CPA (Delaware) as Chief Financial Officer and Corporate Secretary effective February 1, 2013. Mr. Thiyagarajah replaces Howard Wortzman and Marisa Christenson who are resigning as CFO and Secretary, respectively.
Mr. Thiyagarajah has extensive experience as a vice president finance and controller of several major public real estate and asset management companies in Canada and the United States such as Transglobe Apartment REIT and O&Y REIT and has been involved in all aspects of accounting, financial reporting, finance and administration.
"We are very pleased that Mano is joining our team as CFO" commented Mr. Meyer. "Due to Mano's expertise in the capital markets he will play a major role in the next phase of Terra Firma's growth. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Howard Wortzman and Marisa Christenson for their service to Terra Firma since its inception."
In accordance with the policies of the TSXV, Mr. Thiyagarajah's appointment is subject to the TSXV's review and approval.
About Terra Firma
Terra Firma is a full service, publicly traded real estate finance company that provides customized equity and debt solutions to the real estate industry. Our focus is to arrange and provide financing with flexible terms to property owners or developers, as well as to invest in quality commercial and residential developments by proven real estate developers. Terra Firma offers a full spectrum of real estate financing under the guidance of strict corporate governance, clarity and transparency. For further information please visit Terra Firma's website at www.tfcc.ca.
This Press Release contains forward‐looking statements with respect matters concerning the business, operations, strategy and financial performance of Terra Firma. These statements generally can be identified by use of forward looking word such as "may", "will", "expects", "estimates", "anticipates", "intends", "believe" or "could" or the negative thereof or similar variations. The future business, operations and performance of Terra Firma could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements. Such forward‐looking statements are qualified in their entirety by the inherent risks and uncertainties surrounding future expectations. Forward‐looking statements are based on a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect. Additional, important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations include, among other things, general economic and market factors, local real estate conditions, competition, changes in government regulation, dependence on tenants' financial conditions, interest rates, the availability of equity and debt financing, environmental and tax related matters, and reliance on key personnel. There can be no assurances that forward‐looking statements will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on forward‐looking statements. The cautionary statements qualify all forward‐looking statements attributable to Terra Firma and persons acting on its behalf. Unless otherwise stated, all forward looking statements speak only as of the date of this Press Release and Terra Firma has no obligation to update such statements except as required by law.
Latest Industry Press Releases
Superior Plus Announces March 2014 Cash Dividend (2014-03-06)
Retrocom REIT Announces 2013 Results (2014-03-06)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 527 projects with a total value of $1,552,331,732 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$120,000,000 Oakville ON Tenders
$48,225,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Wins delivered on infrastructure front: Rizzardo
- Behind the Velodrome’s Veil
- Ontario’s prompt payment bill needs work but supported
- Southwest L-evation
- Post-bid clarifications make feds liable for bid repair
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Ritchie Bros. hold first Canadian auction of 2014
- Skilled labour needs changing in Saskatchewan
- Quebec’s construction momentum ebbs after 15 years of expansion
- VIDEO: Canadian Construction Association conference Panama preview
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Wood Design Awards
- Lone bidder prepares P3 proposal for Alberta schools
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project