Construction/Building — February 4, 2013Empire Industries Appoints Bruce Rintoul as Chief Operating Officer of Fabrication & Manufacturing Subsidiary
WINNIPEG, MANITOBA--(Marketwire - Feb. 4, 2013) - Empire Industries Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:EIL) announced today that Bruce Rintoul, P.Eng., MBA, has joined the company as Chief Operating Officer of its Empire Iron Works Ltd. subsidiary, effective immediately.
"I am delighted to have a person of Bruce's background and stature join our Company," said Guy Nelson, Chief Executive Officer of Empire Industries. "Bruce's skills and experience will be invaluable to us as we integrate and operationalize our international growth strategy and make our fabrication and manufacturing operations globally competitive."
Mr. Rintoul is a professional engineer with more than 30 years of experience in the engineering and construction markets. Most recently, he was President and Chief Executive Officer of CEDA International Corporation, a North American based industrial infrastructure contractor consisting of several subsidiary companies operating through 30 branch locations. Mr. Rintoul will be responsible for Empire Iron Works' fabrication and manufacturing operations in Vancouver, Edmonton, Stettler and Winnipeg. He will also spearhead the execution of Empire's goal to increase its fabricated steel imports to Canada from its Chinese joint venture through its steel fabrication operations in Alberta.
Mr. Nelson added: "This appointment strengthens the operational depth of our senior management team. Bruce's addition to the team will allow us to focus on maximizing our operational opportunities without sacrificing the attention to strategic issues in our fast-changing markets. I am looking forward to working closely with Bruce as we drive the company's strategy forward."
About Empire Industries Ltd.
Empire Industries Ltd. manufactures specialized engineered products and sells these products domestically and in select international export markets. The company has developed, designed and engineered products for the rapidly growing, global, media based attractions market. The company also provides steel fabrication & installation services, primarily to the industrial, commercial and infrastructure market in Western Canada. The company also has two key strategic equity partnerships; a 49% ownership of ACE Industrial Services that operates in the oil sands industrial maintenance services market, and a 45% ownership of a Chinese joint venture company in the steel fabrication market in Asia. Empire's common shares are listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol EIL.
For more information about the Company, visit www.empind.com.
This news release contains forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable securities legislation, concerning Empire's business and affairs. In certain cases, forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of words such as "plans", "expects" or "does not expect", "budget", "scheduled", "estimates", "forecasts", "intends", "anticipates" or variations of such words and phrases or state that certain actions, events or results "may", "could", "would", "might" or "will be taken", "occur" or "be achieved". These forward looking statements are based on current expectations, and are naturally subject to uncertainty and changes in circumstances that may cause actual results to differ materially. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking information is provided as of the date of this press release, and Empire assumes no obligation to update or revise them to reflect new events or circumstances, except as may be required under applicable securities laws.
Empire Industries Ltd.
Chief Executive Officer
Empire Industries Ltd.
Vice President - Corporate Affairs and Administration
Latest Industry Press Releases
DIRTT to Release 2014 Q1 Results on May 12, 2014 (2014-04-24)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 479 projects with a total value of $1,224,678,004 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$31,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Brampton ON Tenders
$30,000,000 Mississauga ON Negotiated
- Having a blast on the job — demo with finesse
- Does a roadmap to a sustainable future exist?
- Work complete on South Kent Wind project
- Draft standard for snow loads on buildings in northern Canada open for feedback
- Community murals brighten up construction hoarding on TTC projects
- Protecting endangered species a focus on Highway 15 work
- Intricate demolition saves venerable newspaper building façade
- London Roundhouse project takes selective demolition to high art
- London hospital tear down not your average demo
- Strategic demolition repurposes Bowater Mersey paper plant
- Barn razing: demolition of Charlottetown racehorse stables
- Incarceration gives way to innovation at Bridgepoint
- Breaking good: National Demolition Association updates safety manual
- Droppings responsible for respiratory illness at Quebec demolition site
- Innovative storm water solution under Denison Road
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 28th, 2014
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job