Construction/Building — February 4, 2013Empire Industries Appoints Bruce Rintoul as Chief Operating Officer of Fabrication & Manufacturing Subsidiary
WINNIPEG, MANITOBA--(Marketwire - Feb. 4, 2013) - Empire Industries Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:EIL) announced today that Bruce Rintoul, P.Eng., MBA, has joined the company as Chief Operating Officer of its Empire Iron Works Ltd. subsidiary, effective immediately.
"I am delighted to have a person of Bruce's background and stature join our Company," said Guy Nelson, Chief Executive Officer of Empire Industries. "Bruce's skills and experience will be invaluable to us as we integrate and operationalize our international growth strategy and make our fabrication and manufacturing operations globally competitive."
Mr. Rintoul is a professional engineer with more than 30 years of experience in the engineering and construction markets. Most recently, he was President and Chief Executive Officer of CEDA International Corporation, a North American based industrial infrastructure contractor consisting of several subsidiary companies operating through 30 branch locations. Mr. Rintoul will be responsible for Empire Iron Works' fabrication and manufacturing operations in Vancouver, Edmonton, Stettler and Winnipeg. He will also spearhead the execution of Empire's goal to increase its fabricated steel imports to Canada from its Chinese joint venture through its steel fabrication operations in Alberta.
Mr. Nelson added: "This appointment strengthens the operational depth of our senior management team. Bruce's addition to the team will allow us to focus on maximizing our operational opportunities without sacrificing the attention to strategic issues in our fast-changing markets. I am looking forward to working closely with Bruce as we drive the company's strategy forward."
About Empire Industries Ltd.
Empire Industries Ltd. manufactures specialized engineered products and sells these products domestically and in select international export markets. The company has developed, designed and engineered products for the rapidly growing, global, media based attractions market. The company also provides steel fabrication & installation services, primarily to the industrial, commercial and infrastructure market in Western Canada. The company also has two key strategic equity partnerships; a 49% ownership of ACE Industrial Services that operates in the oil sands industrial maintenance services market, and a 45% ownership of a Chinese joint venture company in the steel fabrication market in Asia. Empire's common shares are listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol EIL.
For more information about the Company, visit www.empind.com.
This news release contains forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable securities legislation, concerning Empire's business and affairs. In certain cases, forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of words such as "plans", "expects" or "does not expect", "budget", "scheduled", "estimates", "forecasts", "intends", "anticipates" or variations of such words and phrases or state that certain actions, events or results "may", "could", "would", "might" or "will be taken", "occur" or "be achieved". These forward looking statements are based on current expectations, and are naturally subject to uncertainty and changes in circumstances that may cause actual results to differ materially. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking information is provided as of the date of this press release, and Empire assumes no obligation to update or revise them to reflect new events or circumstances, except as may be required under applicable securities laws.
Empire Industries Ltd.
Chief Executive Officer
Empire Industries Ltd.
Vice President - Corporate Affairs and Administration
Latest Industry Press Releases
Superior Plus Announces March 2014 Cash Dividend (2014-03-06)
Retrocom REIT Announces 2013 Results (2014-03-06)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 527 projects with a total value of $1,552,331,732 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$120,000,000 Oakville ON Tenders
$48,225,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Wins delivered on infrastructure front: Rizzardo
- Behind the Velodrome’s Veil
- Ontario’s prompt payment bill needs work but supported
- Southwest L-evation
- Post-bid clarifications make feds liable for bid repair
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Ritchie Bros. hold first Canadian auction of 2014
- Skilled labour needs changing in Saskatchewan
- Quebec’s construction momentum ebbs after 15 years of expansion
- VIDEO: Canadian Construction Association conference Panama preview
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Wood Design Awards
- Lone bidder prepares P3 proposal for Alberta schools
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project