Real Estate — February 4, 2013Brookfield Announces Redemption of Its Remaining 8.95% Notes Due June 2, 2014
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Feb. 4, 2013) - Brookfield Asset Management Inc. (TSX:BAM.A)(NYSE:BAM)(EURONEXT:BAMA) announced today that it has exercised its right to redeem its remaining C$150,000,000 principal amount of 8.95% Notes due June 2, 2014 (the "Notes") on March 6, 2013. On October 15, 2012, Brookfield redeemed 70% of its original issuance of C$500,000,000 8.95% Notes due June 2, 2014.
The redemption price for the Notes will be determined in accordance with the provisions of the trust indenture dated September 20, 1995 and the eleventh supplemental indenture dated June 2, 2009 and will include accrued and unpaid interest on the Notes up to, but not including, the redemption date.
Notice of redemption will be delivered today to CDS Clearing and Depository Services Inc. ("CDS") and the trustee, Computershare Trust Company of Canada. Non-registered holders (banks, brokerage firms or other financial institutions) who maintain their interests in the Notes through CDS should contact their CDS customer service representative with any questions about the redemption.
Brookfield Asset Management Inc. is a global alternative asset manager with over $150 billion in assets under management. The company has over a 100-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable power, infrastructure and private equity. It has a range of public and private investment products and services, which leverage its expertise and experience and provide Brookfield with a competitive advantage in the markets where it operates. Brookfield is co-listed on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchanges under the symbol BAM and BAM.A, respectively, and on NYSE Euronext under the symbol BAMA. For more information, please visit our website at www.brookfield.com.
For more information, please visit our web site at www.brookfield.com.
Brookfield Asset Management Inc.
SVP, Communications and Media
(416) 369 - 8236
(416) 363 - 2856 (FAX)
Brookfield Asset Management Inc.
SVP, Investor Relations
(416) 363-2856 (FAX)
Latest Industry Press Releases
New Affordable Housing Open in Regina (2014-04-14)
Nouvelle maison d'hébergement d'urgence à Melfort (2014-04-11)
New Emergency Shelter in Melfort (2014-04-11)
Media Advisory: New Emergency Shelter in Melfort (2014-04-10)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 415 projects with a total value of $3,354,507,550 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$200,000,000 Milton ON Tenders
$55,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Lennox and Addington Co ON Negotiated
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- Covering up the Celsius
- Frontier Oilsands Mine joint review panel raises concerns among some First Nations
- Doors open on latest PPP Canada funding
- U.S. builders’ confidence rises but is limited by tight credit and shortages of labour and lots
- Keystone XL opponents carve message
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant