Real Estate — February 4, 2013Brookfield Announces Redemption of Its Remaining 8.95% Notes Due June 2, 2014
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Feb. 4, 2013) - Brookfield Asset Management Inc. (TSX:BAM.A)(NYSE:BAM)(EURONEXT:BAMA) announced today that it has exercised its right to redeem its remaining C$150,000,000 principal amount of 8.95% Notes due June 2, 2014 (the "Notes") on March 6, 2013. On October 15, 2012, Brookfield redeemed 70% of its original issuance of C$500,000,000 8.95% Notes due June 2, 2014.
The redemption price for the Notes will be determined in accordance with the provisions of the trust indenture dated September 20, 1995 and the eleventh supplemental indenture dated June 2, 2009 and will include accrued and unpaid interest on the Notes up to, but not including, the redemption date.
Notice of redemption will be delivered today to CDS Clearing and Depository Services Inc. ("CDS") and the trustee, Computershare Trust Company of Canada. Non-registered holders (banks, brokerage firms or other financial institutions) who maintain their interests in the Notes through CDS should contact their CDS customer service representative with any questions about the redemption.
Brookfield Asset Management Inc. is a global alternative asset manager with over $150 billion in assets under management. The company has over a 100-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable power, infrastructure and private equity. It has a range of public and private investment products and services, which leverage its expertise and experience and provide Brookfield with a competitive advantage in the markets where it operates. Brookfield is co-listed on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchanges under the symbol BAM and BAM.A, respectively, and on NYSE Euronext under the symbol BAMA. For more information, please visit our website at www.brookfield.com.
For more information, please visit our web site at www.brookfield.com.
Brookfield Asset Management Inc.
SVP, Communications and Media
(416) 369 - 8236
(416) 363 - 2856 (FAX)
Brookfield Asset Management Inc.
SVP, Investor Relations
(416) 363-2856 (FAX)
Latest Industry Press Releases
February 2014 Housing Starts in Prince Edward Island (2014-03-10)
February 2014 Housing Starts in Halifax (2014-03-10)
February 2014 Housing Starts in St. John's (2014-03-10)
February 2014 Housing Starts in New Brunswick (2014-03-10)
Retrocom REIT Announces 2013 Results (2014-03-06)
Superior Plus Announces March 2014 Cash Dividend (2014-03-06)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 527 projects with a total value of $1,552,331,732 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$120,000,000 Oakville ON Tenders
$48,225,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Break ground beyond Canada, says new CCA chair
- Construction of Haiti’s Ecole Lakay drives forward
- The power of proper project management
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Federal government unveils $32.5 million in funding for Quebec ice oval
- Canadian job market “sputters” in February
- Construction and machinery to see increased investment, says StatsCan
- Line 3 pipeline plans for Enbridge
- Manitoba focuses on infrastructure spending in budget
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Team work and prep are keys to success: Hadfield
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Panama Canal expansion digs deep
- Wood Design Awards
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project