Real Estate — February 4, 2013Brookfield Announces Redemption of Its Remaining 8.95% Notes Due June 2, 2014
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Feb. 4, 2013) - Brookfield Asset Management Inc. (TSX:BAM.A)(NYSE:BAM)(EURONEXT:BAMA) announced today that it has exercised its right to redeem its remaining C$150,000,000 principal amount of 8.95% Notes due June 2, 2014 (the "Notes") on March 6, 2013. On October 15, 2012, Brookfield redeemed 70% of its original issuance of C$500,000,000 8.95% Notes due June 2, 2014.
The redemption price for the Notes will be determined in accordance with the provisions of the trust indenture dated September 20, 1995 and the eleventh supplemental indenture dated June 2, 2009 and will include accrued and unpaid interest on the Notes up to, but not including, the redemption date.
Notice of redemption will be delivered today to CDS Clearing and Depository Services Inc. ("CDS") and the trustee, Computershare Trust Company of Canada. Non-registered holders (banks, brokerage firms or other financial institutions) who maintain their interests in the Notes through CDS should contact their CDS customer service representative with any questions about the redemption.
Brookfield Asset Management Inc. is a global alternative asset manager with over $150 billion in assets under management. The company has over a 100-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable power, infrastructure and private equity. It has a range of public and private investment products and services, which leverage its expertise and experience and provide Brookfield with a competitive advantage in the markets where it operates. Brookfield is co-listed on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchanges under the symbol BAM and BAM.A, respectively, and on NYSE Euronext under the symbol BAMA. For more information, please visit our website at www.brookfield.com.
For more information, please visit our web site at www.brookfield.com.
Brookfield Asset Management Inc.
SVP, Communications and Media
(416) 369 - 8236
(416) 363 - 2856 (FAX)
Brookfield Asset Management Inc.
SVP, Investor Relations
(416) 363-2856 (FAX)
Latest Industry Press Releases
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 340 projects with a total value of $17,600,387,682 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$134,000,000 Mississauga ON Prebid
$100,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$78,418,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- Construct Canada celebrates silver anniversary
- Celsius Construction
- Seventy-five years later, OGCA guided by same core principles
- Unexpected find delayed Montreal bus terminal
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- Aging bridges perfect candidates for aluminum: AAC
- Electric vehicle charging stations available at some GO stations
- Workers return to World Cup stadium after deadly accident
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- Federal government promises to speed up construction of new Montreal bridge
- Liberals, NDP warn PC right to work bill would kill jobs and lower wages for all
- Vandals cause nearly $250,000 in water damage
- Construction cut back in latest B.C. budget update
- Alberta and Manitoba led the pack for labour productivity
- Feds infrastructure commitment re-affirmed
- Infrastructure impacted by climate change
- West End Residential rises
- Changing procurement impacts felt
- Aurora LNG files export bid
- New Brunswick premier touts pipeline jobs