Construction/Building — February 13, 2013Wales McLelland Rolls Out Virtual Management Systems & iPads Transforming the Construction Communications Model
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Feb. 13, 2013) - Wales McLelland, a nationally recognized name in the construction industry, is pleased to announce it is rolling out proprietary software and mobile devices that virtually connect its workforce in real-time to significantly increase communication efficiencies, solve critical business issues and engage a younger generation of workers.
"We are looking forward to the clarity, transparency, increased safety and personal accountability these new systems will deliver where the benefits can be passed down to our clients through enhancements in completions, excellence and pride in workmanship and great service," stated Doug Scott, President of Wales McLelland. "In order to excel at all of these elements operations must communicate seamlessly, in an open forum where increased collaboration and use of intelligent tools furthers our ability to deliver a superior end product. It is time our industry took a big step forward in the use of emerging technologies that are evolving and shaping our world."
Many people are involved at various levels in the construction process where a change by one individual can impact another's work. On each of the Company's projects a virtual representation will enable all members of the Wales McLelland team to communicate progress throughout the life of the project, respond quickly to changes reducing possible delays and encourage creativity on problem solving resulting in empowered and universally informed workers at every stage of the build.
For example, the Company's new estimating system streamlines the bidding process and involves virtual planning rooms and a secure log-in. This provides trade partners with an up-to-date, one stop location for project information, also enabling Wales McLelland to increase the efficiency of estimations. The Company utilizes a smart system that maintains accurate communication amongst site superintendents through an online daily activity log, complete with weather reports and site photographs. By mid-2013, all on-site reporting will be done through iPads especially equipped for the rigors of a construction site.
Wales McLelland's office hallways contain large flat screen displays featuring a real-time, interactive dashboard that automatically cycles through all project data, providing clear communication of all the company's projects and activity to the operations team. Engagement, accountability, respect and recognition from peers are a natural byproduct driven by these technical advancements. When work from front line is on display for the whole company to see, personal accountability for excellence is heightened, resulting in increased performance and an even better end result for the client.
Wales McLelland is acutely aware of the younger generation's communication needs and expectations from the businesses they work for. The Company's forward thinking approach will ensure it is well positioned to land and retain top emerging talent. Wales McLelland has a mandate to revolutionize an age-old industry and intends to lead technology innovation in order to advance the space and encourage others to do the same.
About Wales McLelland
Wales McLelland (www.walesmclelland.com) has excelled as one of Canada's most prominent design-build specialist in industrial and commercial construction for over 40 years. With multiple awards and recognition for outstanding achievement and sustainable practices, Wales McLelland delivers superior customer service and design-builds that are recognized as the best in the business. Project scope of work range from comprehensive "turn-key" process facilities to large-scale tenant improvements.
The company's remarkable successes and impressive growth are attributable to the integration of technical advances, refinement of new construction techniques, project diversification, and the strength of its relationships with clients and industry partners. Wales McLelland was recently named one of BIV's Top 100 Companies in B.C. (http://www.biv.com/article/20120612/BIV050101/120609959/-1/BIV/top-100-private-companies-in-bc).
For media inquiries, please contact:
Latest Industry Press Releases
November 2013 Housing Starts in Prince Edward Island (2013-12-09)
November 2013 Housing Starts in New Brunswick (2013-12-09)
November 2013 Housing Starts in Halifax (2013-12-09)
November 2013 Housing Starts in St. John's (2013-12-09)
Superior Plus Announces December 2013 Cash Dividend (2013-12-05)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 331 projects with a total value of $3,875,502,154 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$2,200,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$125,000,000 Scarborough ON Prebid
$49,900,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- P3s can support Canadian resource development
- Parking culture shift can influence transit use and development, says expert panel
- What will it take to improve infrastructure?
- NRC unveils four new research programs
- Water-treatment plant planned for Manitoba’s CentrePort area
- RCMP make another arrest in connection with its SNC-Lavalin probe
- United States green construction arms race heats up
- Nova Scotia to ban importation of waste water from shale gas fracking
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin