Government of Canada/Public Works — February 13, 2013Harper Government Announces Completion of Public Service Pension Transformation
SHEDIAC, NEW BRUNSWICK--(Marketwire - Feb. 13, 2013) - The Honourable Rona Ambrose, Minister of Public Works and Government Services and Minister for Status of Women, today announced the completion of the Pension Transformation Initiative, which has replaced a 40-year-old public service pension system and processes and centralized all related services at the Public Service Pension Centre located in Shediac, New Brunswick.
"The completion of the Pension Transformation Initiative, on budget, not only ensures the sustainability and increased efficiency of pension administration and services for the Government of Canada, it also generates savings for Canadian taxpayers," said Minister Ambrose. "Our Government is focused on delivering results to increase efficiency and reduce cost."
The five-year initiative consisted of replacing outdated public service pension systems and centralizing Government of Canada pension administration services from 130 departments and Crown corporations. The success of the transformation is the result of collaboration across the government and involved almost 300 technical, business and vendor resources located throughout the country.
The project introduced new and modernized pension system and tools, allowing employees and pensioners to manage their pension information online. It contributes to greater efficiency and effectiveness while improving the quality of service provided to public service employees and pensioners.
The transformation of pension administration is expected to generate stable annual cost reductions across the government amounting to $29 million starting in 2016-17.
Public service pension transformation is part of the Harper Government's ongoing commitment to increasing the effectiveness of public service operations and eliminating unnecessary costs.
Ce texte est également disponible en français.
PWGSC news releases are also available on our Internet site at http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/medias-media/index-eng.html.
Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/PWGSC_TPSGC.
Office of the Honourable Rona Ambrose
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Latest Industry Press Releases
Superior Plus Announces March 2014 Cash Dividend (2014-03-06)
Retrocom REIT Announces 2013 Results (2014-03-06)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 527 projects with a total value of $1,552,331,732 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$120,000,000 Oakville ON Tenders
$48,225,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Wins delivered on infrastructure front: Rizzardo
- Behind the Velodrome’s Veil
- Ontario’s prompt payment bill needs work but supported
- Southwest L-evation
- Post-bid clarifications make feds liable for bid repair
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Ritchie Bros. hold first Canadian auction of 2014
- Skilled labour needs changing in Saskatchewan
- Quebec’s construction momentum ebbs after 15 years of expansion
- VIDEO: Canadian Construction Association conference Panama preview
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Wood Design Awards
- Lone bidder prepares P3 proposal for Alberta schools
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project