Real Estate — February 14, 2013Chartwell Completes Sale of Five Properties in New York
MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Feb. 14, 2013) - Chartwell Retirement Residences (TSX:CSH.UN) ("Chartwell") announced today that Bristal Holdings, LLC, a company jointly-owned by Chartwell and Ingenia Communities Group, has completed the previously-announced sale of a portfolio of five senior living communities comprising 768 assisted living suites, located in New York State (collectively the "Bristal Portfolio") to HSRE-EB I, LLC (the "Buyer"), an entity owned by affiliates of Harrison Street Real Estate Capital, LLC and The Engel Burman Group, an affiliate of the current manager of this portfolio. Chartwell owned a 50% interest in this portfolio.
The purchase price for 100% of the portfolio was U.S. $290.0 million and was partially settled through the Buyer's assumption of mortgage debt secured by the Bristal Portfolio with an outstanding balance of U.S. $197.7 million. The balance of the purchase price, subject to customary working capital adjustments and holdbacks, was paid in cash.
Chartwell is a real estate investment trust that indirectly owns and operates a complete range of seniors housing communities from independent supportive living through assisted living to long term care. It is one of the largest participants in the seniors housing business in North America. Chartwell's aim is to capitalize on the strong demographic trends present in its markets to maximize the value of its existing portfolio of seniors housing communities, and prudently avail itself of opportunities to grow internally and through accretive acquisitions.
Chartwell Retirement Residences
Chief Financial Officer
(905) 501-4710 (FAX)
Latest Industry Press Releases
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces April Dividend (2014-04-17)
New Affordable Housing Open in Regina (2014-04-14)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Lafarge’s research tackles cement’s “bad boy” image
- Waterloo Region LRT work agreement almost done
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- The Working Dead — construction of a post-apocalyptic zombie world
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 371 projects with a total value of $1,936,826,394 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$134,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$128,250,000 North York ON Prebid
$100,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- Debate swirls over OCOT’s merit on its anniversary
- WaterGarden Worker
- Ontario to invest in cycling infrastructure
- U.S. construction labour concerns
- Compulsory certification in carpentry a “job killer”, says Kenney
- CaGBC to provide free LEED registration and certification for commercial projects in disaster-hit cities
- Economic cost of weather catastrophes is under appreciated: report
- Scotiabank sees slow growth in housing
- Photo Gallery: 2014 ACEC BC Awards of Excellence winners
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Making Metro
- Crumbling roads a key election issue
- Early stages of concrete pump operator certification being developed in B.C.
- Legal battle over temporary foreign workers heats up
- Dive tower pushes formwork forward
- Understanding municipal strategy
- Calgary firm fined $35,000 for workplace injury
- B.C. labour minister calls for WorkSafeBC reforms
- B.C. prison proceeding