Construction/Building — February 19, 2013GTA REALTORS® Release Mid-Month Resale Housing Figures
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Feb. 19, 2013) - Greater Toronto Area REALTORS® reported 2,823 sales through the TorontoMLS system during the first 14 days of February. This result represented a decline of 8.3 per cent compared to the same period in 2012.
"The number of transactions was lower for most home types in comparison to last year, but so too was the number of new listings. This means that market conditions remained quite tight, especially for low-rise home types. The result was continued price growth over last year," said Toronto Real Estate Board President Ann Hannah.
The average selling price for TorontoMLS transactions in the first half of February was $509,061 - up by four per cent in comparison to the same time last year.
"The annual rate of price growth so far in February has been in line with expectations for 2013. The average selling price in the GTA will continue to grow this year but at a slower pace compared to 2012. The basis of this price growth will be the low-rise segment of the market, for which months of inventory and therefore choice for buyers remains very low," said Jason Mercer, TREB's Senior Manager of Market Analysis.
|Summary of TorontoMLS Sales and Average Price February 1 - 14|
|Sales||Average Price||New Listings||Sales||Average Price||New Listings|
|City of Toronto ("416")||1,087||$||555,423||2,196||1,169||$||540,246||2,465|
|Rest of GTA ("905")||1,736||$||480,030||3,323||1,910||$||458,071||3,540|
|TorontoMLS Sales & Average Price By Home Type February 1 - 14, 2013|
|Yr./Yr. % Change||-4.0||%||-11.7||%||-9.7||%||5.8||%||5.0||%||5.9||%|
|Yr./Yr. % Change||-9.8||%||-11.2||%||-10.6||%||5.3||%||4.9||%||5.3||%|
|Yr./Yr. % Change||17.0||%||1.8||%||5.3||%||15.9||%||10.1||%||12.1||%|
|Yr./Yr. % Change||-14.4||%||-11.6||%||-13.5||%||-8.4||%||2.3||%||-6.0||%|
Greater Toronto REALTORS® are passionate about their work. They are governed by a strict Code of Ethics and share a state-of-the-art Multiple Listing Service. Over 36,000 TREB Members serve consumers in the Greater Toronto Area. The Toronto Real Estate Board is Canada's largest real estate board.
Get the latest real estate news and Market Watch information including market watch summary video.
Toronto Real Estate Board
Senior Manager Public Affairs
Latest Industry Press Releases
New Affordable Housing Open in Regina (2014-04-14)
Nouvelle maison d'h√©bergement d'urgence √† Melfort (2014-04-11)
New Emergency Shelter in Melfort (2014-04-11)
Media Advisory: New Emergency Shelter in Melfort (2014-04-10)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 415 projects with a total value of $3,354,507,550 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$200,000,000 Milton ON Tenders
$55,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Lennox and Addington Co ON Negotiated
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- Covering up the Celsius
- Frontier Oilsands Mine joint review panel raises concerns among some First Nations
- The rise of biomaterials in construction
- Doors open on latest PPP Canada funding
- U.S. builders’ confidence rises but is limited by tight credit and shortages of labour and lots
- Keystone XL opponents carve message
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant