Construction/Building — February 19, 2013GTA REALTORS® Release Mid-Month Resale Housing Figures
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Feb. 19, 2013) - Greater Toronto Area REALTORS® reported 2,823 sales through the TorontoMLS system during the first 14 days of February. This result represented a decline of 8.3 per cent compared to the same period in 2012.
"The number of transactions was lower for most home types in comparison to last year, but so too was the number of new listings. This means that market conditions remained quite tight, especially for low-rise home types. The result was continued price growth over last year," said Toronto Real Estate Board President Ann Hannah.
The average selling price for TorontoMLS transactions in the first half of February was $509,061 - up by four per cent in comparison to the same time last year.
"The annual rate of price growth so far in February has been in line with expectations for 2013. The average selling price in the GTA will continue to grow this year but at a slower pace compared to 2012. The basis of this price growth will be the low-rise segment of the market, for which months of inventory and therefore choice for buyers remains very low," said Jason Mercer, TREB's Senior Manager of Market Analysis.
|Summary of TorontoMLS Sales and Average Price February 1 - 14|
|Sales||Average Price||New Listings||Sales||Average Price||New Listings|
|City of Toronto ("416")||1,087||$||555,423||2,196||1,169||$||540,246||2,465|
|Rest of GTA ("905")||1,736||$||480,030||3,323||1,910||$||458,071||3,540|
|TorontoMLS Sales & Average Price By Home Type February 1 - 14, 2013|
|Yr./Yr. % Change||-4.0||%||-11.7||%||-9.7||%||5.8||%||5.0||%||5.9||%|
|Yr./Yr. % Change||-9.8||%||-11.2||%||-10.6||%||5.3||%||4.9||%||5.3||%|
|Yr./Yr. % Change||17.0||%||1.8||%||5.3||%||15.9||%||10.1||%||12.1||%|
|Yr./Yr. % Change||-14.4||%||-11.6||%||-13.5||%||-8.4||%||2.3||%||-6.0||%|
Greater Toronto REALTORS® are passionate about their work. They are governed by a strict Code of Ethics and share a state-of-the-art Multiple Listing Service. Over 36,000 TREB Members serve consumers in the Greater Toronto Area. The Toronto Real Estate Board is Canada's largest real estate board.
Get the latest real estate news and Market Watch information including market watch summary video.
Toronto Real Estate Board
Senior Manager Public Affairs
Latest Industry Press Releases
October 2013 Rental Market in Moncton (2013-12-12)
October 2013 Rental Market in Halifax (2013-12-12)
October 2013 Rental Market in Prince Edward Island (2013-12-12)
October 2013 Rental Market in Nova Scotia (2013-12-12)
October 2013 Rental Market in St. John's (2013-12-12)
October 2013 Rental Market in Saint John (2013-12-12)
October 2013 Rental Market in New Brunswick (2013-12-12)
October 2013 Rental Market in Charlottetown (2013-12-12)
Empire Industries Announces Stock Option Grants (2013-12-10)
November 2013 Housing Starts in St. John's (2013-12-09)
November 2013 Housing Starts in Halifax (2013-12-09)
November 2013 Housing Starts in Prince Edward Island (2013-12-09)
November 2013 Housing Starts in New Brunswick (2013-12-09)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- RCMP make another arrest in connection with its SNC-Lavalin probe
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Toronto housing not cooling off, says BMO
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 366 projects with a total value of $3,913,656,488 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$75,140,000 Waterloo ON Tenders
$62,710,000 Mississauga ON Negotiated
$50,000,000 Oshawa ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Construct Canada 2013 CEO Power Breakfast
- New tech drives construction over last 25 years: panel
- Duffin Pumping Station Moves Up
- Relationships are integral to break into the Chinese market for construction
- Construction efficiency a growing concern
- RES Canada to build SunEdison solar facilities
- Lafarge launches new corporate website
- USGBC releases LEED in Motion report
- Ritchie Bros. $43 million agriculture equipment auction its best-ever
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 16th, 2013
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex