Construction/Building — February 19, 2013GTA REALTORS® Release Mid-Month Resale Housing Figures
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Feb. 19, 2013) - Greater Toronto Area REALTORS® reported 2,823 sales through the TorontoMLS system during the first 14 days of February. This result represented a decline of 8.3 per cent compared to the same period in 2012.
"The number of transactions was lower for most home types in comparison to last year, but so too was the number of new listings. This means that market conditions remained quite tight, especially for low-rise home types. The result was continued price growth over last year," said Toronto Real Estate Board President Ann Hannah.
The average selling price for TorontoMLS transactions in the first half of February was $509,061 - up by four per cent in comparison to the same time last year.
"The annual rate of price growth so far in February has been in line with expectations for 2013. The average selling price in the GTA will continue to grow this year but at a slower pace compared to 2012. The basis of this price growth will be the low-rise segment of the market, for which months of inventory and therefore choice for buyers remains very low," said Jason Mercer, TREB's Senior Manager of Market Analysis.
|Summary of TorontoMLS Sales and Average Price February 1 - 14|
|Sales||Average Price||New Listings||Sales||Average Price||New Listings|
|City of Toronto ("416")||1,087||$||555,423||2,196||1,169||$||540,246||2,465|
|Rest of GTA ("905")||1,736||$||480,030||3,323||1,910||$||458,071||3,540|
|TorontoMLS Sales & Average Price By Home Type February 1 - 14, 2013|
|Yr./Yr. % Change||-4.0||%||-11.7||%||-9.7||%||5.8||%||5.0||%||5.9||%|
|Yr./Yr. % Change||-9.8||%||-11.2||%||-10.6||%||5.3||%||4.9||%||5.3||%|
|Yr./Yr. % Change||17.0||%||1.8||%||5.3||%||15.9||%||10.1||%||12.1||%|
|Yr./Yr. % Change||-14.4||%||-11.6||%||-13.5||%||-8.4||%||2.3||%||-6.0||%|
Greater Toronto REALTORS® are passionate about their work. They are governed by a strict Code of Ethics and share a state-of-the-art Multiple Listing Service. Over 36,000 TREB Members serve consumers in the Greater Toronto Area. The Toronto Real Estate Board is Canada's largest real estate board.
Get the latest real estate news and Market Watch information including market watch summary video.
Toronto Real Estate Board
Senior Manager Public Affairs
Latest Industry Press Releases
Superior Plus Announces March 2014 Cash Dividend (2014-03-06)
Retrocom REIT Announces 2013 Results (2014-03-06)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 527 projects with a total value of $1,552,331,732 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$120,000,000 Oakville ON Tenders
$48,225,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Wins delivered on infrastructure front: Rizzardo
- Behind the Velodrome’s Veil
- Ontario’s prompt payment bill needs work but supported
- Southwest L-evation
- Post-bid clarifications make feds liable for bid repair
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Ritchie Bros. hold first Canadian auction of 2014
- Skilled labour needs changing in Saskatchewan
- Quebec’s construction momentum ebbs after 15 years of expansion
- VIDEO: Canadian Construction Association conference Panama preview
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Wood Design Awards
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project