Real Estate — March 6, 2013InnVest REIT Announces Exercise of Over-Allotment Option
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - March 6, 2013) -
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION IN THE UNITED STATES OR OVER UNITED STATES WIRE SERVICES
InnVest Real Estate Investment Trust (the "REIT") (TSX:INN.UN), announced today that it has closed on the issuance of an additional $15 million aggregate principal amount of 5.75% convertible unsecured subordinated debentures, Series G due March 31, 2019 (the "Debentures"), pursuant to the exercise in full of the over-allotment option granted to the syndicate of underwriters co-led by RBC Capital Markets, BMO Capital Markets and CIBC, with RBC Capital Markets acting as sole bookrunner, in connection with the previously announced offering of $100 million aggregate principal amount of the Debentures, which closed on February 27, 2013. The exercise of the over-allotment option brings the total aggregate principal amount of Debentures issued by the REIT to $115 million. The Debentures are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (the "TSX") under the symbol "INN.DB.G".
As previously announced on February 27, 2013, the REIT issued a notice of redemption for its $75 million 6.00% convertible unsecured subordinated debentures, Series B due May 31, 2013. The balance of the net proceeds from the offering will be used by the REIT for general working capital purposes, which may include funding its capital improvement program.
This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful. The securities being offered have not been and will not be registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933 as amended and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or pursuant to applicable exemption from registration.
InnVest REIT is an unincorporated open-ended real estate investment trust which owns a portfolio of 135 hotels across Canada representing approximately 18,000 guest rooms operated under internationally recognized brands. InnVest REIT also holds a 50% interest in Choice Hotels Canada Inc., one of the largest franchisors of hotels in Canada.
InnVest REIT's units and convertible debentures trade on the TSX under the symbols INN.UN, INN.DB.B, INN.DB.C, INN.DB.D, INN.DB.E, INN.DB.F and INN.DB.G.
Statements contained in this press release that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements which involve risk and uncertainties which could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements. Among the key factors that could cause such differences are real estate investment risks, hotel industry risks, competition and the status of InnVest REIT as a Qualified REIT for Canadian federal income tax purposes in any year. These and other factors are discussed in InnVest REIT's annual information form for the year ended December 31, 2011, which is available at www.sedar.com. InnVest REIT disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, unless required to do so by applicable securities law.
InnVest Real Estate Investment Trust
Executive Director, Investor Relations
(905) 206-7114 (FAX)
Latest Industry Press Releases
Superior Plus Announces March 2014 Cash Dividend (2014-03-06)
Retrocom REIT Announces 2013 Results (2014-03-06)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 527 projects with a total value of $1,552,331,732 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$120,000,000 Oakville ON Tenders
$48,225,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Wins delivered on infrastructure front: Rizzardo
- Behind the Velodrome’s Veil
- Ontario’s prompt payment bill needs work but supported
- Southwest L-evation
- Post-bid clarifications make feds liable for bid repair
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Ritchie Bros. hold first Canadian auction of 2014
- Skilled labour needs changing in Saskatchewan
- Quebec’s construction momentum ebbs after 15 years of expansion
- VIDEO: Canadian Construction Association conference Panama preview
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Wood Design Awards
- Lone bidder prepares P3 proposal for Alberta schools
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project