Real Estate — March 6, 2013InnVest REIT Announces Exercise of Over-Allotment Option
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - March 6, 2013) -
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION IN THE UNITED STATES OR OVER UNITED STATES WIRE SERVICES
InnVest Real Estate Investment Trust (the "REIT") (TSX:INN.UN), announced today that it has closed on the issuance of an additional $15 million aggregate principal amount of 5.75% convertible unsecured subordinated debentures, Series G due March 31, 2019 (the "Debentures"), pursuant to the exercise in full of the over-allotment option granted to the syndicate of underwriters co-led by RBC Capital Markets, BMO Capital Markets and CIBC, with RBC Capital Markets acting as sole bookrunner, in connection with the previously announced offering of $100 million aggregate principal amount of the Debentures, which closed on February 27, 2013. The exercise of the over-allotment option brings the total aggregate principal amount of Debentures issued by the REIT to $115 million. The Debentures are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (the "TSX") under the symbol "INN.DB.G".
As previously announced on February 27, 2013, the REIT issued a notice of redemption for its $75 million 6.00% convertible unsecured subordinated debentures, Series B due May 31, 2013. The balance of the net proceeds from the offering will be used by the REIT for general working capital purposes, which may include funding its capital improvement program.
This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful. The securities being offered have not been and will not be registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933 as amended and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or pursuant to applicable exemption from registration.
InnVest REIT is an unincorporated open-ended real estate investment trust which owns a portfolio of 135 hotels across Canada representing approximately 18,000 guest rooms operated under internationally recognized brands. InnVest REIT also holds a 50% interest in Choice Hotels Canada Inc., one of the largest franchisors of hotels in Canada.
InnVest REIT's units and convertible debentures trade on the TSX under the symbols INN.UN, INN.DB.B, INN.DB.C, INN.DB.D, INN.DB.E, INN.DB.F and INN.DB.G.
Statements contained in this press release that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements which involve risk and uncertainties which could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements. Among the key factors that could cause such differences are real estate investment risks, hotel industry risks, competition and the status of InnVest REIT as a Qualified REIT for Canadian federal income tax purposes in any year. These and other factors are discussed in InnVest REIT's annual information form for the year ended December 31, 2011, which is available at www.sedar.com. InnVest REIT disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, unless required to do so by applicable securities law.
InnVest Real Estate Investment Trust
Executive Director, Investor Relations
(905) 206-7114 (FAX)
Latest Industry Press Releases
Superior Plus Announces December 2013 Cash Dividend (2013-12-05)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- Mandatory safety training kicks in next year
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin