Visit Building Envelope at Journal of Commerce
December 9, 2013
Window installation is underway on the Emerald Park Condominiums at Yonge Street and Sheppard Avenue in North York, Ont.
December 2, 2013
A new, energy efficient house unveiled earlier this fall in the Niagara Region is setting the construction management and technology bar for Toronto-based home builder Great Gulf.
November 28, 2013
A worker directs a bucket of concrete at the Perspective Condominiums in Etobicoke, Ont.
November 27, 2013
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told a gathering of 10,000 advocates for green construction Thursday that sustainability must be one of the country's top priorities.
November 26, 2013
Five heritage buildings in the city of Hamilton were recently selected by an industry panel as the finest examples of masonry design in the area.
November 25, 2013
The new World Trade Center tower in New York replaced Chicago’s Willis Tower as the nation’s tallest building when an international panel of architects announced Nov. 12 that the needle atop the skyscraper can be counted when measuring the structure’s height.
November 22, 2013
A bucket of concrete gets hoisted up at the Yorkland at Heron’s Hill condominium project in North York, Ont.
November 18, 2013
Steel work progresses for the new athletics and wellness centre at the independent girls school Branksome Hall in Toronto, Ont.
November 18, 2013
Window installation has reached the top floor of the NY2 condominiums at Bayview and Sheppard Avenues in Toronto, Ont.
November 15, 2013
Construction is moving along on the Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport at the University of Toronto St. George Campus.
November 14, 2013
Rising from the ashes of 9-11, the new World Trade Center tower has punched above the New York skyline to reach its powerfully symbolic height of 1,776 feet (541 metres) and become the tallest building in the country. Or has it?
November 13, 2013
As part of McMaster University’s commitment to innovation in research and learning, the Faculty of Engineering is taking a novel approach to the design of a centre intended to foster experiential learning by involving engineering students in the project from the outset and utilizing an integrated design process (IDP) to boot.
November 12, 2013
The shovels have officially hit the dirt as ground has broken on the new Globe and Mail Centre in downtown Toronto.
November 11, 2013
Workers rake freshly poured concrete at the Imperial Plaza Condominiums on St. Clair Avenue West in Toronto, Ont.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 331 projects with a total value of $3,875,502,154 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$2,200,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$125,000,000 Scarborough ON Prebid
$49,900,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- P3s can support Canadian resource development
- Parking culture shift can influence transit use and development, says expert panel
- What will it take to improve infrastructure?
- NRC unveils four new research programs
- Water-treatment plant planned for Manitoba’s CentrePort area
- RCMP make another arrest in connection with its SNC-Lavalin probe
- United States green construction arms race heats up
- Nova Scotia to ban importation of waste water from shale gas fracking
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin