Visit Water & Wastewater at Journal of Commerce
Water and Wastewater
May 16, 2013
A public comment period on Ontario Power Generation’s (OPG) $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste near Kincardine, Ont. draws to a close later this month and will be followed by a public hearing in the fall.
May 10, 2013
BluMetric Environmental Inc. has been awarded a US$1 million contract for the supply of wastewater treatment equipment to a municipality in New York State.
May 6, 2013
Consulting Engineers of Ontario (CEO) has recognized outstanding contributions by the industry to the social, economic and environmental quality of life in Ontario in its 2013 awards.
April 29, 2013
Manitoba has launched a three-year, $12-million Municipal Water Infrastructure Fund for water and waste-water projects in communities around Manitoba.
April 29, 2013
A testing facility at a London sewage treatment plant is one of the projects a partnership of eight Ontario universities is undertaking to establish southern Ontario as a hub for companies to research, demonstrate and test new water technologies.
April 24, 2013
Toronto’s 2013 road work season has begun, and general contractor Sanscon Construction Ltd. is leading it with work on Kingston Road in the City of Toronto.
April 24, 2013
The Manitoba government wasted no time on April 17 with its plan to raise the provincial sales tax and dodge a referendum on the issue.
April 23, 2013
The International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC) is holding its centenary conference in Barcelona, Spain from Sept. 16-18.
April 22, 2013
The Association of Consulting Engineering Companies – New Brunswick (ACEC-NB) has saluted engineering excellence in its annual awards program. The awards are the highest recognition for the province’s consulting engineering industry.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- PCL Constructors works on Humber River Regional Hospital in Toronto
- Tower Hill unveils 56-storey condo tower project
- Hundreds of workers to be out of work as Caterpillar Inc. is set to close Toronto factory
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- London association withdraws from COCA
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 316 projects with a total value of $2,787,806,637 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$90,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Prebid
$82,000,000 White River Twp ON Tenders
$40,650,000 Markham ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- Provinces need to loosen up apprenticeship rules
- Way Up on Westwood
- Building Up On Bayview
- Barrie Construction Association rolls with motorcycle ride for cancer
- Vimy Ridge memorial gets new visitor centre
- Minnesota Vikings unveil new multi-use stadium plan
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Construction Site Arson
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 20th, 2013
- Industry reacts to surprise B.C. Liberal majority
- Calgary Airport Tunnel
- Worker at centre of union sign up allegations speaks out
- Calgary program aims to get more people into the trades
- Midrise in the City
- Veterans battle barriers into the trades
- Government makes changes to online tendering
- SNC-Lavalin maintains that new bribery allegations have been resolved
- B.C. faces a tough battle for top talent
- Keyano College building state of the art training facility
- Essential skills can play a vital role in an apprentices' success
- Taking a closer look at the risks in green building for contractors
- Colleges conduct construction research in addition to teaching
- Skills Canada BC Competition
- Lower Mainland high school trades program is unique
- Construction Learning Forum aims to educate
- High schools looking for more industry participation
- Industrial construction supervisor program takes off
- Saskatchewan bill passed
- Edmonton garners support for regional cash for arena
- Feds pledge $5 million for Vimy memorial
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)